The astonishing Patty Jansen is interviewed by Kathryn Linge as part of the Snapshot 2012 project: http://kathrynlinge.livejournal.com/137208.html
Sign up for news and special offers
- Don't miss Death at the Blue Elephant
- Kisses by Clockwork cover revealed
- Stay tuned for more news
- Congratulations to our Aurealis Awards winners
- Working Title - Hear Me Roar
- Limited Edition Hardcover by Angela Slatter
- Scary Minds reviews Everything is a Graveyard
- Kisses by Clockwork Contents Announced
- Ambassador Now Shipping!
- Three More Best Years Ahead
Ticonderoga on Twitter
We're pleased to be able to reveal the cover for Kim Wilkins' 2013 collection The Year of Ancient Ghosts.
The cover depicts Orkney's majestic Ring of Brodgar, ancient standing stones that have held visitors in awe since the Bronze Age.
Just as the stones have waited patiently through the ages, those wanting to get a copy of this fantastic Kim Wilkin's collection will have to wait until May 2013 to get their hands on a copy.
Liz Grzyb and Talie Helene have compiled 32 fantastic stories and poems first published in 2011, from New Zealand's and Australia's finest writers.
The contents are
- Peter M Ball "Briar Day" (Moonlight Tuber)
- Lee Battersby "Europe After The Rain" (After the Rain, Fablecroft Press)
- Deborah Biancotti "Bad Power" (Bad Power, Twelfth Planet Press)
- Jenny Blackford "The Head in the Goatskin Bag" (Kaleidotrope)
- Simon Brown "Thin Air" (Dead Red Heart, Ticonderoga Publications)
- David Conyers and David Kernot "Winds Of Nzambi" (Midnight Echo #6, AHWA)
- Stephen Dedman "More Matter, Less Art" (Midnight Echo #6, AHWA)
- Sara Douglass & Angela Slatter "The Hall of Lost Footsteps" (The Hall of Lost Footsteps, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Felicity Dowker "Berries & Incense" (More Scary Kisses, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Terry Dowling "Dark Me, Night You" (Midnight Echo #5, AHWA)
- Jason Fischer "Hunting Rufus" (Midnight Echo #5, AHWA)
- Christopher Green "Letters Of Love From The Once And Newly Dead" (Midnight Echo #5, AHWA)
- Paul Haines "The Past Is A Bridge Best Left Burnt" (The Last Days of Kali Yuga, Brimstone Press)
- Lisa L Hannett "Forever, Miss Tapekwa County" (Bluegrass Symphony, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Richard Harland "At The Top Of The Stairs" (Shadows and Tall Trees #2, Undertow Publications)
- John Harwood "Face To Face" (Ghosts by Gaslight, HarperCollins)
- Pete Kempshall "Someone Else To Play With" (Beauty Has Her Way, Dark Quest Books)
- Jo Langdon "Heaven" (After the Rain, Fablecroft Press)
- Maxine McArthur "The Soul of the Machine" (Winds of Change, CSFG)
- Ian McHugh "The Wishwriter's Wife" (Daily Science Fiction)
- Andrew J McKiernan "Love Death" (Aurealis #45, Chimaera Publications)
- Kirstyn McDermott "Frostbitten" (More Scary Kisses, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Margaret Mahy "Wolf Night" (The Wilful Eye - Tales From the Tower #1, Allen & Unwin)
- Anne Mok "Interview with the Jiangshi" (Dead Red Heart, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Jason Nahrung "Wraiths" (Winds of Change, CSFG)
- Anthony Panegyres "Reading Coffee" (Overland, OL Society)
- Tansy Rayner Roberts "The Patrician" (Love and Romanpunk, Twelfth Planet Press)
- Angela Rega "Love In the Atacama or the Poetry of Fleas" (Crossed Genres, CGP)
- Angela Slatter "The Coffin-Maker's Daughter" (A Book of Horrors, Jo Fletcher Books)
- Lucy Sussex "Thief of Lives" (Thief of Lies, Twelfth Planet Press)
- Kyla Ward "The Kite" (The Land of Bad Dreams, P'rea Press)
- Kaaron Warren "All You Can Do Is Breathe" (Blood and Other Cravings, Tor)
In addition to the above incredible tales, the volume will include a review of 2011 and a list of recommended stories.
The editors will shortly begin reading for the third volume of The Year's Best Australian Fantasy and Horror.
The Year's Best Australian Fantasy and Horror 2011 is scheduled for publication in July 2012 and can be pre-ordered at indiebooksonline.com. The anthology will be available in hardcover, ebook and trade editions.