We're really really pleased to be able to announce the contents for the forthcoming anthology, Dreaming of Djinn, edited by Liz Grzyb.
Scheherazade’s One Thousand and One Nights stories have captured imaginations for a millennia. Fairy tales and fables abound, telling of the fantastic and mysterious, the comic and dramatic.
This anthology will explore romantic Orientalism through a speculative fiction lens. You might find lost cities, magical lamps, mummies, thieves, intrepid explorers, slaves, robotic horsemen, noble queens, sorcerers, outcast princes, harems, dancers, djinn, assassins and even smart-talking camels and cats, set in exotic Persia, Egypt, Arabia, the Ottoman Empire, or a modern incarnation of these. More information on the exact mysteries contained will be revealed shortly.
18 stories by:
- Marilag Angway "Shadow Dancer"
- Cherith Baldry "The Green Rose"
- Alan Baxter "On A Crooked Leg Lightly"
- Jenny Blackford "The Quiet Realm of the Dark Queen"
- Jetse de Vries "Djinni Djinni Dream Dream"
- Thoraiya Dyer "The Saint George Hotel"
- Joshua Gage "The Dancer of Smoke"
- Richard Harland "The Tale of the Arrow Girl"
- Faith Mudge "The Oblivion Box"
- Havva Murat "Harmony Thicket and the Persian Shoes"
- Charlotte Nash "Parvaz"
- Anthony Panegyres "Oleander: An Ottoman Tale"
- Dan Rabarts "Silver, Sharp as Silk"
- Angela Rega "The Belly Dancing Crimes of Ms Sahara Desserts"
- Jenny Schwartz "The Pearl Flower Harvest"
- Barb Siples "The Sultan's Debt"
- Pia Van Ravestein "Street Dancer"
- DC White "A Dash of Djinn and Tonic"
You can pre-order at http://www.indiebooksonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=141
Dreaming of Djinn will be available in early April 2013.