A new anthology edited by Amanda Pillar
Blood will tell... blood holds memory... blood is sacrifice... blood is thicker than water... blood is life.
Bloodlines will feature non-traditional horror stories, which take place in an urban fantasy setting. Give me stories about creatures that need blood to live, or blood to do magic, or whose blood is magic. Witches, shamans, faeries, ancient gods and humans can feature in this collection, so long as your story exudes magic and mystery. So long as you enchant me.
As for the nitty-gritties:
- No science fiction stories will be accepted;
- Romance is acceptable, as long as the story is dark and has horrific themes/elements;
- Do not send stories written in the second person;
- While vampire stories can be submitted, please note that it would be in your best interests to wow me with something other than vampires.
- Lastly, the story must be on theme and meet the above guidelines. It must have blood (its need, use, potency etc.) as a major focus. If it does not, your story will be rejected.
The anthology will be published by Ticonderoga Publications in late 2014/early 2015.
Send me your best dark urban fantasy story.
- Story length 1,000 to 7,500 words.
- Original stories only: no reprints, multiple, or simultaneous submissions (please only submit one story).
- Manuscript format: double spaced, large margins, Times New Roman font, Australian English spelling.
- The editor reserves the right to use their discretion in selecting stories.
- Submission period: 1 August 2014 to 15 October 2014
- Payment: 2 copies of anthology and Aus 2 cents/word (GST inc., maximum payment $150) on publication.